Posted on July 20, 2011
So I’m a day late this week on my Bachelorette Recap….I got distracted with my final goodbye to my dream house yesterday. But anyway, I digress. The Bachelorette aired Monday night of this week, and the episode featured the following four hometown dates:
- First, Ashley went to Cumming, Georgia to visit Constantine, 30, Restaurant Owner. They started the date by visiting his family’s Italian restaurant, Giorgio’s, and then they went to his parent’s home for dinner and a party with extended family. Constantine has a very tight-knit family, and Ashley loves this. In fact, she and Maria, Constantine’s sister, look almost like sisters themselves. At the end of the evening, Ashley comments that she “can envision a life with him,” and Constantine remarks that he “can see Ashley being a part of this family.” He goes on to say that the evening “has been a massive step in the right direction…[it's been] a very lighthearted, fun evening with serious undertones to it.” All good….
- Ashley next went to Chadd’s Ford, PA to visit Ames, 31, Portfolio Manager. The question of the night posed by Ames’s sister, Serena, spoke volumes – “Does Ashley have the spark that Ames does?” It’s apparent that he’s enamored with her, but does she feel the same? That is my question too. And it turns out that it’s also Ashley’s question. The highlight of this hometown date – at least for me - comes after the visit with the family when the couple venture to Winterthur (see photo), to which I have been countless times as my sister lives just down the road. I must admit that seeing Winterthur was more exciting to me than the date seemed to be for Ashley….. I just don’t see a spark there.
- Then Ashley went to Sonoma, CA to visit Ben, 28, Winemaker. They begin their date with a visit to Ben’s winery for a picnic, and Ashley immediately remarks that “Ben is so sexy” and that she sees so many sides to him. It turns out that Ben has only brought one woman home to meet his family, which includes his Mom and sister, Julia, and so this is a big step for him. His Dad passed away a few years ago, and therefore, his sister and mother are his “world.” During the date, he tells us that he misses his Dad and that he is happy and wishes that his Dad could see all this. He ends the date by saying, “I’m glad that I’m starting to fall in love with Ashley. It’s more real than it’s ever been.” Similarly, Ashley shares that her night was “absolutely incredible” and that she “could see spending the rest of her life with him.” Oh la la.
- Finally Ashley goes to Roslyn, NY to visit J.P., 34, Construction Manager. Right off the bat, J.P. says that he is happy to have Ashley “all to myself today.” Meanwhile she tells us “how lucky she is to be here with him.” The first part of their date is roller skating, and they are kissy, kissy while doing so. We find out that J.P. has introduced four women to his family, and the last woman he brought home ended up breaking his heart. That theme plays consistently throughout the date, and his mother and brother, Roy, are especially concerned that J.P. will get his heart broken again. But he is fairly confident that this won’t happen, and he says that, regardless, he needs to make himself vulnerable in order to try to win Ashley’s heart. All in all, the date ends well with Ashley telling J.P.’s mother that she is “smitten with [her] son…and we have something very special to me.” Along the same lines, J.P. remarks that “today went absolutely perfectly.”
The Rose Ceremony
- Ashley and the four Bachelors are back in L.A. for the rose ceremony, and I have to say that I knew from the beginning (besides the fact that I unfortunately read a spoiler last week) that Ames was going to be the one to go…. They just didn’t have the romance, passion and intensity that Ashley seems to have with the others.
So tune in with me next week for the three one-on-one overnight dates in Fiji (see photo – nice destination, eh?). I can’t wait. Do you think all of the bachelors will elect to share a romantic suite with Ashley during their one-on-one evenings with her? And following these dates, who will be the final two? I think I have a pretty good idea, but I can’t wait to hear your thoughts too…..