Located approximately 15 miles southwest of Boston, Dover has a population of 5,589 (per the 2010 town census) and was incorporated in 1836.
Characterized by spectacular 1-acre plus properties, Dover is a charming residential town that sits on the south banks of the Charles River. Woods, lakes, ponds, and rivers dominate the landscape, making Dover a nature-lover’s dream. Points of interest include the Benjamin Caryl House, and the Elm Bank Horticulture Center, established in 1777 and 1876, respectively. As a luxury real estate expert, I am quite familiar with Dover and the surrounding communities and will work with you to find your ideal property.
Here are some brief real estate-related facts about the community:
- The properties are serviced by private sewerage systems, and most have private water as well.
- Almost all of the residential zoning requires one acre of land or more.
- The 2017 tax rate is $13.05 per $1,000 of valuation.
- There is one elementary school, Chickering Elementary School, for grades K – 5. And the middle school and high school are shared with the neighboring community of Sherborn, MA.
The following links will provide you with additional information on Dover and its many community services and organizations:
- Town of Dover
- Dover Public Schools
- Dover-Sherborn Patch
- Dover-Sherborn Press (weekly newspaper)
- Dover Mothers’ Association
- Dover Public Library
I have helped numerous clients buy and sell homes in the area, and I look forward to working with you and becoming your trusted real estate consultant. Please contact me today at Lisa Curlett Pinnacle Residential Properties, 555 Washington Street Wellesley, MA 02482. Phone: 781-267-2844.