Posted on December 4, 2013
For those of you who love following the market stats*… click here – Weston MA Homes Sold November 16-30, 2013- to see information on the single-family homes that sold/closed in the second half of November 2013 in Weston, MA.
Another twist in the market data. This time, the number of sold properties is the same, but all of the other metrics are down for these two weeks vs. the same two weeks last year. Here are the specifics:
- Number of Sold Properties – 3 in 2013 vs. 3 in 2012
- Total Market Volume – $3,170,500 in 2013 vs. $4,060,000 in 2012
- Median Price – $1,075,000 in 2013 vs. $1,325,000 in 2012
- Average Sale Price – $1,056,833 in 2013 vs. $1,353,333 in 2012
Looking at our year-to-date sales (through November 30), we are back to a trend with which we have been quite familiar this year. Our number of sold properties and total market volume are up, but our median and average sale prices are down. Here are the particulars:
- Number of Sold Properties – 151 in 2013 vs. 130 in 2012 – up 16% this year (it was up 17% in my last report)
- Total Market Volume – $229,940,420 in 2013 vs. $198,063,635 in 2012 – up 16% this year (it was up 17% in my last report)
- Median Price – $1,238,500 in 2013 vs. $1,311,000 in 2012 – down 6% this year (it was down 5% in my last report)
- Average Sale Price – $1,522,784 in 2013 vs. $1,523,566 in 2012 – down just 0.05% this year (it was up 0.3% in my last report)
So as you can see, we lost some ground in these last two weeks. We have only two more sold reports until the end of the year, and this time of the year does not typically yield strong sales results – at least not like the summer months do. To give some perspective, 11 single-family homes sold in December 2012 and seven sold in December 2011, whereas August produced sales that basically doubled those numbers (22 in 2012 and 13 in 2011). As I like to say, it will be fascinating to see where 2013 ends up in relation to 2012.
There weren’t any land sales during the second half of November.
I hope you enjoy this analysis, and please let me know if you have an interest in learning more about other market stats so I can provide this additional data for you. Also for more information about the real estate market in Weston, Wellesley, Wayland and the surrounding towns or if you are considering selling your home, please contact me, Lisa Curlett (781-267-2844 or www.homesalesbylisa.com), to answer any questions or for a complimentary home appraisal.